Demonstration Energy Innovation (DEI +)
This subsidy is aimed at companies that are committed to reducing CO2 emissions or investing in energy innovation.
The purpose of the Energy Innovation Demonstration is to financially support projects that contribute to the reduction of CO2 emissions. This is a consequence of the Climate Agreement and the associated government objectives.
Who is the DEI + subsidy for?
Are you planning to use less energy in your production process? Have you developed innovative techniques that mean CO2 emission reduction can be achieved? Or do you want to invest in renewable energy sources such as wind energy, solar energy and geothermal energy? Then you may be eligible for this subsidy scheme.
Which projects are eligible?
1. Pilot projects
This is a pilot project in which the developer tests innovative CO2-reducing measures in a practical environment.
2. Demonstration projects
In this case it is about demonstrating a new technology or application in practice. Subsidies are possible for the end user/ first user who wants to invest in this new technology or application.
Themes DEI + 2020
The project must relate to at least one of the following themes:
- Circular economy: projects in the field of recycling and reuse of waste and biobased raw materials
- Energy efficiency: projects in the field of energy saving within production processes
- Renewable energy: projects in the field of wind energy, solar energy, heat in the ambient air, warm in the surface water, geothermal energy, energy from the oceans, hydropower, biomass, landfill gas, gas from sewage treatment plants and biogas
- Local infrastructure: projects aimed at a local infrastructure for, for example, a steam network or a heat network
- CCUS (Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage; pilot projects only): projects for storing CO2 or for the use of new products or processes, if this leads to a CO2 reduction
- Other CO2-reducing measures in the industry or electricity sector
- Natural gas-free houses, neighborhoods and buildings
How much is the subsidy?
The subsidy amounts to a maximum of €15 million per project. A ceiling of € 86.1 million is available for this application round. A separate budget of €9 million is available for applications within the theme of natural gas-free homes, neighborhoods and buildings.
Applying for DEI + 2020?
You can apply for a DEI subsidy from January 15, 2020 until January 7, 2021. Applications will be processed in order of receipt. An exception to this are applications within the theme of the circular economy. For projects which apply for a subsidy of less than €3 million, a maximum term of until the end of 2020 applies. For projects which apply for €3 million or more, a maximum term of 4 years applies.
What are the conditions?
- The projects have a maximum term of 4 years
- The project has added value to the Dutch economy
- Post-commissioning costs within the DEI + scheme are not eligible
- Labor costs are only increased if they are directly related to the investment
- For demonstration projects: reference investments have been increased (no zero reference)
There are other conditions attached to this scheme, but these differ per theme. We are more than happy to inform you about these.
Do you have any questions?
Do you have any questions about this topic? Please feel free to contact consultant, Jan Egberts. He will be happy to help you realize your project.