Apply for early phase financing 2021
This arrangement prevents valuable ideas for new products and services from stagnating during the development phase.
Many innovative ideas never reach the market. This is not always due to the product or the service itself. This financing scheme supports innovative entrepreneurs in successfully marketing their company. It is a loan that is mainly granted for a renewal phase.
Who is the Early Phase Financing for?
This scheme is intended for SME entrepreneurs, innovative starters, academic innovative starters, HBO innovative starters and TO2 innovative starters.
Budget in 2021
- SME entrepreneur and innovative starter: € 6 million;
- Feasibility study TO2 innovative starter: € 500,000;
- Academic innovative starter, higher vocational education innovative starter and TO2 innovative starter: € 2,750,000.
How much is the subsidy worth?
- An innovative SME entrepreneur receives 35% to 45% of the anticipated costs for the early phase trajectory with a lower limit of €50,000 and a maximum of €157,500.
- An innovative starter receives the total of the anticipated costs for the early phase trajectory with a lower limit of €50,000 and a maximum of €350,000.
- An academically innovative starter receives funding for a feasibility study for the commercial application of innovative knowledge and the start of business based on knowledge innovations from knowledge institutions. A risk-bearing loan is also possible from a minimum of €50,000 to a maximum of €250,000.
What are the conditions?
- You draw up a business plan that shows that you will grow substantially
- You draw up a renewal or early-phase plan aimed at the conditional requirements of the investor
- You have a letter of intent from a future investor who will finance the rest of your process. This statement is at least the same amount as you get from the government.
When is the deadline?
Do you want to apply for Early Phase Financing? Applications are open until December 31, 2021, 5:00 PM.
Would you like to know more about early phase financing?
Curious about the opportunities for your company? Ask your question to consultant, Robert Helmer.