Practical learning 2020
Do you offer practical or work-study opportunities for pupils or students? If so, you could receive financial support, amounting to €2,700 per participant.
This scheme was created by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science. Its aim is to better prepare pupils, students, participants and employees for the labor market. As a result, employers have better trained personnel. Although there was talk of abolishing the Practical Learning scheme in 2020, it has been extended until 2023.
Who can apply for a practical learning subsidy?
Practical learning grants can be applied for by companies that offer apprenticeships within different education categories. Different conditions apply per category. These categories are:
- VSO, PRO and (entrance into the) VMBO
- MBO (BBL students)
- PhD students and technological designers in training (toios)
How much is the subsidy worth?
The maximum subsidy amount for the 2019/2020 school year is €2,700 per realized practical or work placement. Training companies in the agriculture, catering and recreation in the secondary vocational education sectors can receive an additional subsidy for offering bbl learning places in the next five years, starting in the academic year 2019/2020. For this, an additional €10.6 million is invested in the Practice Learning Subsidy Scheme.
What are the conditions?
- We work on the basis of a valid (practical learning) agreement.
- The vocational training is diploma-oriented and is included in the Crebo or CROHO at DUO
- The subsidy is valid for the period in which the supervision is provided. This means that a practical learning path can be started with an employer at any time of the academic year
In addition, there are conditions that apply specifically to an education category:
VSO, PRO, (entrance in the) VMBO
- The employer is a recognized training company that provides the practical part of the training for the student.
- The learn-work paths apply to all sectors.
- The practical learning agreement is signed by the pupil / parents or legal representative, school, employer and knowledge center.
- The learn-work trajectory is aimed at basic qualification.
- The employer is a recognized training company that provides the practical part of the training for the participant.
- All sectors are eligible.
- The practical learning agreement is signed by the educational institution, employer, participant and knowledge center.
- The courses are registered in the Central Register of Professional Courses (Crebo).
- Only BBL students are covered by the subsidy scheme.
- The employer is a company or organization that provides the practical part of the dual or part-time training for the student.
- The technology, health care, behavior and society and agriculture and natural environment sectors are eligible.
- The practical learning agreement is signed by the educational institution, company and student.
- Diploma-oriented programs are programs accredited by the Central Register of Higher Education Programs (CROHO).
PhD students and technological designers in training (toios)
- Companies that have been registered by the educational institution as a company / organization with good supervision (higher professional education, doctoral students and toio’s)
- The employer is a legal entity under private law, not a university under private law.
- All sectors apply to PhD students.
- The practical learning agreement is signed by the knowledge institution and the employer.
- PhD students must conduct research that is aimed at promotion and the toio’s follow a training that focuses on the title PDEng.
Practical learning deadline 2020
A complete practical learning application for the academic year 2019/2020 could be submitted from 1 July to 16 September 2020. As soon as the application period for the new academic year is known, this page will be updated.
Do you meet the conditions?
We have extensive experience in applying for practical learning and are happy to assist you in the application process. Contact consultant, Tom Leijten, for more information.