International Business starters: SIB subsidy
Exporting offers a company new opportunities. It can also lead to more sales. Exporting is stimulated by various vouchers.
With the Starters International Business (SIB), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs helps companies that want to make the transition to foreign markets.
1. Coaching voucher
These vouchers are also referred to as “individual coaching vouchers”. Together with an external advisor you investigate the possibilities and risks abroad. You work towards a concrete action plan with an internationalization strategy. The coaching process takes places over an average of 4 months and the external costs are covered up to €2,400. This is exclusive of VAT.
- Note: There is no longer budget available for coaching vouchers in 2020. Please contact us to discuss your application for 2021.
- From 2021, a maximum of 15 applications per contractor per quarter applies for this voucher.
2. Mission voucher
With this ‘collective activity voucher’ you can participate in a multi-day trade mission or a collective exhibition entry. You will receive a contribution of 50% of the participation price with a maximum benefit of €1,500. Travel and accommodation incurred costs are at your charge.
- Note: There is no longer budget available for mission vouchers in 2020. Please contact us to discuss your application for 2021.
3. Knowledge voucher
With a “knowledge acquisition voucher” you can get financial compensation for hiring an international lawyer, tax specialist or tax adviser. For this you will receive a 50% discount with a maximum of €2,500. You can request a voucher for things such as:
- Assessing existing and drafting new contracts;
- The use of general terms and conditions for export transactions;
- Trademark registration;
- Advice on tax rates, double taxation;
- Setting up a foreign entity;
- Other legal or tax knowledge aimed at sustainable internationalization.
- Note: There is no longer budget available for knowledge vouchers in 2020. Please contact us to discuss your application for 2021.
Who is the SIB subsidy for?
This scheme is intended for SMEs in the Netherlands and the Dutch Caribbean who want to move to foreign markets. Separate conditions apply to each theme. We are happy to advise you on the possibilities for your company.
How much is the budget?
The coaching vouchers 2021 budget is € 1,250,000. This budget applies for the period 1 January to 30 September 2021 and is divided as follows:
January 1 to March 31, 2021: € 416,667
April 1 to June 30, 2021: € 416,667
July 1 to September 30, 2021: € 416,666
The budget for the other vouchers is € 1.6 million.
How do I apply for a SIB voucher?
You can choose to request a voucher from the Netherlands Enterprise Agency yourself. You can also choose to have your application submitted by De Breed & Partners. This is because a different application procedure applies per voucher. We are happy to guide you in this process and we are happy to submit the application for you. Thanks to 35+ years of experience in financing innovation, we are perfectly capable of translating your innovation plans into the language of the government.
Want to know more about SIB vouchers?
Would you like more information about this subsidy scheme? Or are you curious whether your organization is eligible for this? Please feel free to contact consultant, Hans van Leeuwen.